Monday, February 13, 2012

Show a little love in the economy

As valantines day approaches, some of us will spend it with a special someone, while there will be others that will spend their time with their specials friends. No matter the situation we are ready to spend our money on anything that has to deal with a love, flowers, chocolate and lets face it cute little animals. Not only will you be showing some love to your significant other, but you will be showing some love to the economy. For 2012, it is projected that we will spend $17.558  billion. Thats an estimated $126.03 per person. For myself I am almost to that average, buying a custom teddy for my honey (pic related) $24, small flower pen novelties for the office $20, treats for the office party $10, and I can't forget an excellent dinner for my babe on that day with her favorite flowers $60+. All these things are worth it because they make others happy maximizing my utility.

 A word to everyone, go out and spend. Don't only show love to the person who your spending that special day with, but buy them some flowers. support the flower shop the workers, the growers, and people who transported it their. Take them out to a local restaurant, show the staff some love for them making that day possible. Support the teddy bear and chocolate industry and even local shops to help their business out. A night out with friends or a date will help everyone in this market. 

The chart above is a glimpse of what we are expected to spend our money on. 
If your not no where near to the average, then I'm not offending you. for 2011 it was projected that consumers would spend $18.6 billion. could this current projection of $17.558 be a flop? consumer confidence could still be weak but it is al up to the purchases we make. Analyst could be expecting to much out of us they have to remember the 99% are not getting richer. we will know in a matter of time. I don't even remember how much I spent last year on valantines  day but I remember I had a great time.  "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten"- Gucci co.

Y= The Don 

No comments:

Post a Comment